Pages

28 January, 2015

Poverty is the worst form of violence. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I always believe that equality is impossible to achieve if poverty still exist.  Don't you?

When we are all just a kid our parents keep telling us, "help the poor" "do a good deed" "love people around you" "protect mother earth" etc....  right? It's just a word until at certain age, a thunder strikes and you suddenly starting to really think about people around you, it's even not just around you, you start thinking about those people who live in other side of the world,  start to really care about mother earth, about how to really help people and do something. You feel like the burden of the world is on your shoulder, my theory is because when you're older you will think less about yourself and start to think about other. There are some nights that I can't close my eyes thinking about there are kids my age or even younger, infants, thousand of them are hungry and cold while I'm sleeping in my comfy bed. Also it get my nerves thinking that those ice mountain across the world are melting, slow but sure even as we speak right now, too frightening to even think about it. What will happen with earth? those kind of questions sometime keep me awake all night.


http://bit.ly/action2015teens


I keep questioning things like, why there are people that have so many while there are more people who have nothing? News about new high technology in medical are everywhere, scientist found this and that but why there are so many kids died because of disease? even worse because of hunger. War is the worst, many died for no reasons. I guess human are just selfish by nature. What can I do to change this condition? Can I? I'm just a kid. Is it even possible ?

Our world is one of terrible contradictions. Plenty of food, but one billion people go hungry. Lavish lifestyles for a few, but poverty for too many others. Huge advances in medicine while mothers die every day in childbirth, and children die every day from drinking dirty water. Billions spent on weapons to kill people instead of keeping them safe.
~ Ban Ki-moon

Then I find the answer for my question, I can.... I actually can and so do you. I was jumping on the bandwagon immediately after I heard about this movement. It's called action/2015 and it's a movement to end poverty, inequality, and climate change. The campaign is comprised of hundreds of organizations around the world coming together to demand truly ambitious agreements on poverty, inequality and climate change in 2015. If you ask, why 2015 ? the answer is because at the end of 2015, two global summits will bend the course of history. One summit will result in a new global framework for humanity – to tackle poverty and inequality. The other will set new climate action targets – a crucial step towards a safer planet. Action/2015 is hoping to raise awareness of these issues so global leaders will make the right decisions at these summits.

If you want to join this movement, you can! I even wish you do join us, I believe the more people aware about this movement the chances for our leader to hear our voice will be higher.
To learn more about who we are? What are we doing? And why are we doing this? This is the list of action/2015 media social you can visit or follow to help you understand more about this movement.


Will leave you with action/2015 open letter to world leaders and really hope that all of you who read this post can share it around! 




9 comments:

Anita Puksic said...

Great minds think alike! ;) I just yesterday posted a post with kinda the same theme, it's an open letter to intellectuals and I want to inspire action with it.

Thanks a lot for sharing this, I will spread the word further!

And btw, you are beautiful human being!

Unknown said...

I agree we should all take action and contribute in helping those in need to be able to make the world a better place!

www.dreamvibecouture.blogspot.com

Ahmada K Fatih said...

actually I just curious what is action2015 is? so i'll read the website first. :)

DNadilaF said...

I just know about this here and I thank you for that. I'm so happy that such an event like this is risen and given attention by many peoples.

Alamanda said...

Hmm, very nice info!. Thanks for the sharing, there ^^

MELODY JACOB said...

As i know, one of the worst situation any one can face is being poor. poverty has a lot of disadvantages both physically and mentally.
i love this post. If you would like us to follow each other.. just let me know.. happy new month. http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

Mandame said...

like you blog!

Blog X Komo said...

.x

Blog X Komo said...

wew its so amazing i like that

 
Blogger design by jellyjellybeans.blogspot.com.com